Tuesday 29 July 2014

Is That a Mormon at The Door?



INT/EXT. SUBURBAN HOUSE - DAY

A doorbell rings and a sweet old granny gets up from her couch and answers the door. There are two young men with name-tags at her door and she is immediately aggressive towards them.

GRANNY
No! Not again! Go away! I’ve had it up to here with you lot. I do not want to change my electricity company. I do not want free power boards. I don’t want anything from you people!

MAN # 1
(over)
We’re not from the electricity company.

GRANNY
What?

MAN # 2
We’re not from the electricity company.

MAN # 2 (CONT’D)
No, we’re Mormons. We’d like to talk to you about Jesus Christ.

Granny stares at them, re-adjusting her attitude - calming.

GRANNY
Oh. Oh, that’s fine then. 

She opens her security door.

GRANNY (CONT’D)
I’m sorry, I thought you were from one of those awful pushy electric companies. Please, come in.

She ushers them in. The enter in a very polite manner and when she points them to the couch they sit and wait for her to sit and get comfortable. Then...

MAN # 1
Before we start, can we ask what discount you’re getting on your electricity bill?


No comments:

Post a Comment