Friday 15 June 2012

A promise is a promise - My unplaced 30 Rock Script entry

I was just reading old posts and realised about a year ago I promised to post my entry of a 30rock episode that I wrote for the scriptapalooza awards - in fact I promised I would post it if it didn't place and wouldn't you know it - it didn't place.

No gripes from me. When writing a TV show that is already established it is essential to write it as it is and not as you want it to be and the pitfalls and temptation, even subconsciously to allow your version to wander from their version is huge - so my guess is I was a little off point from where and what the judges feel the show is and should be.

Tina Fey remains a favourite of mine and 30 Rock probably her best work to date. It's laugh out loud humour that so often comments in a very important and deep way on something going on in our world - just before it throws a pie in your face.


So here is my entry in all its unplaced glory. Enjoy and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment