Sunday 29 December 2013

Another 5 Star rating review for Inner City

My novel INNER CITY, now has 30 five star reviews on Goodreads alone!. The latest was posted by another lovely reader on 28th December 2013.

Recently Penguin Young Adult division took a look at my book. When I say took a look, they responded to my submission with a request for the file of the novel in a different format because the copy of the file I sent them couldn't be opened.

That was the 3rd of December so I'm guessing silence is yet another pass. It's still a head scratcher to me that so many readers, now approaching 4000, have read it and it rates 4 out 5 on Goodreads, Nooks Books and Amazon, it was a finalist in a global E-book award and yet can't attract any interest. That's how hard it is to be a published writer these days. You only have to look at the huge number of quality E-books on sites like smashwords to realise I'm not alone.

It's also now available on iTunes!

My one reservation about why I can't get anyone to consider publishing is the level of sex in the book. People tell me that is an absolute no-no for a young adult novel. And we're talking one near blow-job and three tastefully rendered all the way sex scenes. Too much? It's all genuinely tasteful by the way, no graphic descriptions. In fact it's all very romance novel level sex and miles below any fifty shades of anything.

It always seems ridiculous to me that adults feel 'Young Adults' can handle gruesome violence, but have a couple thrusting away and they think today's teens will be scarred for life. Huh! Have they not searched for anything on Google lately. Try a search for "Water Sports" mum and dad and see what you end up with!

Anyway - to the reader who left the most recent review:


  • Posted December 28, 2013

     Great great read

    This was my first ebook on my new nook it took me two days to read it thats how good it is. Enjoy ....
    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review






  • Thank you so much for taking the time to let me and others know you enjoyed my book!





No comments:

Post a Comment