Wednesday 11 July 2012

Inner City

INNER CITY is still downloading well, but oddly it goes in fits and starts. It doesn't download at all for 2 or 3 days and then many download in quick succession. I guess someone reads it and spreads the word.

If you want to read it and let me know what you think - please do! Adapting it to 115 pages of screenplay was a fascinating experience and made me think about the structure I used in the novel. If I was re-writing it I may consider making some of the same choices. Many other choices were made purely to cut time. I think the initial draft came in at around 215 pages. The second draft was down to 160 and was really tight. That's when I realised I would never be able to meet the 90-115 page ideal length if I didn't make some major decisions. So I found some really interesting cuts, one of which really keeps the protagonist front and centre and moves the story along at a faster pace. That's the one I would consider a restructure of the novel to incorporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment